Name: Sedia Beysolow
School: University of Georgia
Degree Level: First Year Undergraduate
1. Why did you choose your major/concentration?
At the age of 12, I became fascinated with skin care and skin care products. Therefore, I am studying biology in order to learn more about the skin and to prepare me for a career as a dermatologist.
2. What do you love about your school?
I love the variety of academic and social opportunities available, and also the school pride shared by the University of Georgia’s students.
3. What’s your favorite food?
My favorite food is a chicken quesadilla.
4. Who is your number one role model and why?
My grandmother is my role model because of her strength and constant trust in God, in spite of her illnesses and hardships.
5. When you were younger, what did you want to become and why? Did that change when you got older? If so, why?
When I was younger, I wanted to become a fashion designer because I liked to sketch and style outfits. As I grew older, I became interested in dermatology because I realized I will enjoy helping others address their skin ailments such as diseases and cancers more so than designing clothes. Additionally, I hope to inspire and encourage young girls to pursue higher education based upon my academic journey.
6. What’s your favorite thing about Liberia?
My favorite thing about Liberia is that you do not have to visit Liberia in order to experience and understand the culture. You can experience and understand the culture simply through meeting Liberian people.
7. What would you like to do, after obtaining your degree?
I would like to successfully complete medical school and residency and begin practicing as a cosmetic dermatologist.
8. Do you have a message for the UCL?
I would like to thank UCL for believing in and supporting not only my dreams but the dreams of young Liberians.