UCL Application Guidelines 2018
The University Consortium for Liberia (UCL) was established in 2015 by the UCL Board of Directors. The scholarship program is open to Liberian students and/or students of Liberian descent pursuing a post-secondary education at a U.S. College or University. Priority will be given to students applying to a UCL college/university considered Institutional Partners.
The UCL Scholarship for Experiential Learning, Study Abroad, Faculty and Student Exchange programs will be announced at a later date, pursuant to funding availability.
*Download Application and Submit Completed Form to UCLSCHOLARSHIP@GMAIL.COM
Applicants must meet the criteria below:
- The applicant is applying to or has been accepted into an academic program of study pursuing an undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. program
- Student must be Liberian or of Liberian decent
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and submit an Academic Transcript
- Field of Study: Any Field of Study
- Complete the UCL Scholarship Application
- Provide 2 letters of Recommendation from any of the following: College Professor, Community Member/Faith Leader, or Current/Former Employer or Government Leader. (The writer of your letter(s) of recommendation should address Leadership Abilities and Potential) Letters of Recommendation should be e-mailed to the scholarship address with their name, contact info, and academic institution. The subject line should be ‘Student Name’ Reference Letter.
- Scholarship recipients who received a scholarship in the previous year, can apply annually.
- Copy of Passport must accompany application for international students and a copy of the F1 visa must accompany the application.